I really like to wind down my day by bumming around on the computer and listening to music. To do this, I sometimes use a website called Project Playlist but most of the time I use I tunes. Dave and I both have I pods and we are Mac users, so we have I tunes on our computer. Lately I noticed that Dave has literally every CD he has ever owned and every piece of music he loves uploaded to I tunes. I also noticed that all of my music is newer music that I just discovered, downloaded, or recently felt like hearing. Upon this realization, I embarked on a mission. I am currently working on uploading every single CD from the two cases I own. I haven't purchased a CD in a long time, so there isn't much in these cases that is very current. However, it has been a blast.
I have very eclectic taste in music. I love country, hip-hop, electronic music, classic rock, alternative, pop, and pretty much anything else there is. These CDs that I am working on uploading range from Sum 41 to Eminem to Mark Wills to DJ Sasha to Elton John. If a random stranger were to look through my I tunes playlist, they would either think it was shared by 6 different people or they would think that I was schizophrenic. But I can say one thing about this mission of mine...I am absolutely having a blast doing it.
Today alone, I have listened to two different 'N Sync albums, a bunch of Eminem's older stuff, every Smashing Pumpkins album ever made, and the soundtrack to Blow. There was also about an hour long interval where I danced like a crazy person to an old Savage Garden CD. It has been a very musically liberating day for me.
One of the most wonderful things about listening to all of this music is that it reminds me of so many different things. Some of it reminds me of high school, some of middle school, some of parties, there are football games, rides home from school with friends, movies that I love, boys that I thought I loved, and it mostly reminds me of me.
I sometimes forget how much I have changed and evolved in the past 23 years. And I am always amazed at how powerful music can be. It takes a powerful entity to take a person through 23 very different years and simultaneously invoke memories and emotions that had been long forgotten. Right now, as I sit here at 2:20 a.m. listening to an old Goo Goo Dolls CD, all I can think of is how blessed I am. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to relive 23 years through song and I am very optimistic about filling the next 23 years with more memories and different songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Test!
Post a Comment