I am totally bummed out and disheartened right now. I had such a good week last week and now today and yesterday were officially bad days. I didn't write on Friday or Saturday because they were both awesome and fulfilling days.
Friday started out normally enough being that it was Dave's day off. But then we found out that our friends from Colorado, a married couple were about 20 minutes away from our home. We knew that they were up here hiking and doing the outdoor adventure thing, but we never expected them to come so close to our place. We seized the opportunity and invited them to dinner. It was very exciting for us because this was the first time that we were able to have friends from back home in our place. Everyone always says that they will visit, but no one ever does. It was wonderful to cook them dinner and have them see where we live. They stayed and visited with us for a while and it truly was a wonderful beginning to a wonderful weekend.
On Saturday we woke up to some pretty horrible news from our family back home. It was really horrible and it makes it even more difficult that we are so far away and can't really do anything but worry. Shortly after getting that news, we got up and going and drove to Seattle to spend the day sightseeing with our friends from out of town. They are in way better shape and way more athletic than we are so we spent the entire day just walking around and seeing as much of Seattle as we possibly could. It was pretty awesome because we are super broke and we managed to have an awesome day in the city without spending all of our money. We did eat lunch and ride the ferry but that is moderate compared to what we usually spend.
It is unbelievable how much more fun things are when you do them with friends. Dave and I have been to Seattle several times and we have seen a lot of the city. Both of us have enjoyed it very much. But none of those excursions has been as much fun as Saturday. It was just more enjoyable to share it with people that we care about. I wish that our other friends would come and see Seattle and let us show them around. It would be so much fun. But either way, I am very glad that we got to do it at least once.
I don't know what happened yesterday. Maybe it was exhaustion. Maybe I was bummed out over the bad news. Maybe I was sad that our friends had to leave. But for some reason, I slept til noon. Then I got up and proceeded to do nothing all day. I didn't clean up, workout, or even shower. I was ready for bed by 7 pm and I didn't accomplish a thing. Then this morning, I slept til noon as well. When I finally woke up, I felt terrible. I just wanted to go back to sleep. I forced myself to get up and take a shower. I then cleaned the kitchen and the bathrooms. I am now sitting here writing this. I still need to dust and vacuum the living room and workout. I need to force myself to do these things. All day yesterday I just felt like I wanted to curl up in bed and die. I can't let myself slip into feeling that way again. I felt that I had come so far last week. I don't want to backtrack. I want to move forward.
So for today, I need to:
1. Dust Livingroom
2. Vacuum Livingroom
3. Workout
It doesn't seem like much but the way I am feeling, I am really going to have to convince myself to get those three little things done. I will do them though. I don't want to lose out on all of the progress that I have made recently. Here is my list for tomorrow:
1. Dr. appt.
2. Workout
3. Clean up living room
4. Clean up bedrooms
5. Get started on laundry
6. Make menu for next 2 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment