I spent almost five years thinking that I was disgusting. I lived in my sweats, because I was afraid to admit what size I was and buy clothes that fit me. In the past 8 months, I have worked really hard to change that. My hard work has paid off and I am about eight sizes smaller than I was when I started and I am almost sixty pounds lighter. I am so fucking pretty, I could die.
I live in a world that is full of skinny girls, fashion statements, and materialism. There is way too much focus on physical self and it's hard for someone like me to feel good about myself because of it. I am average. I am not a super model. I am normal. But today, I feel so fucking pretty that I could just die.
I spend most of the day in bed because I have a cold. I didn't run today, which I usually do. I didn't put on any makeup and my hair is in a pony tail. I did brush my teeth, but I didn't get dressed. It doesn't matter though, because I feel absolutely gorgeous.
I spend so long feeling badly about myself that even now, when I know that I look good and I know that my body has changed, I still look in the mirror sometimes and feel gross. Sometimes I still see a fat girl because my stomach isn't tight and I don't have a six-pack. Sometimes, all I see in the mirror are the flaws that I have lived with for twenty-five years. I know them all in and out, but today I don't want to dwell on them. Today, I looked in the mirror and realized that I am really fucking pretty.
I have a really great head of hair. It's thick and curly and shiny, and I love it. I have a nose that fits really well on my face and I have a huge smile, with relatively nice teeth. My eyes are an interesting shade of brown and I have a great set of eyebrows. I'm a good height, not too tall and not to short. Right now, my body is a great shape. I'm relatively slender but I haven't lost my curves.
I woke up this morning really liking myself. I hope that I wake up feeling that way tomorrow. I hope, even more, that someone will read this and wake up in the morning feeling really, ridiculously, insanely pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment