Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolve.

It happens every year. We, the well meaning people of Earth, greet a new year at midnight on January 1st. Many of us, make resolutions. Some resolutions are common and easy, some are personal and difficult. Some of us keep them. Some of us smash them to ribbons within a month. I tend to fall into the category of people who do not make resolutions because I do not want to feel badly about myself when I break them. There are a lot of things that I would like to do this year but not all of them would actually be fitting to be called resolutions for the new year. However this year I decided to make 2 resolutions for the new year, although personally, I would rather think of them as goals.

The first is to workout 4 days a week for the entire year. I would definitely like to lose weight. However that is not the reason for this goal. I truly believe that in combination with vitamin B12 and 5HTP, if I work out regularly I could conquer my depression and have a great year. 5 days per week would be amazing but I want to set a realistic goal. Especially considering that we are facing a move in May and that I will be attending school full time throughout the year, I think that 4 seems more reasonable and definitely much more achievable.

The second is to read 100 books this calendar year. I recently finished The Shack but since I started it in 2009, I have decided not to count it. The book that I started today, Beautiful Boy, will be my first book of the 100 that I plan to read. Wish me luck, as I think that this one is the loftier of my two goals. If I have to read any books (not textbooks) for school, I will be counting those toward my 100 as I almost always enjoy every book that I read. I blog about the books that I read here and I will be blogging about all of the ones that I read in 2010. Since I have the titles in my book blog numbered, I am going to start this project by resetting the numbers and indicating which number each book was for me in 2010.

So, folks, these are my resolutions for 2010. Among them are other goals that I have for the year. However, these are the two that I wish to call my resolutions and these two will be given special emphasis in 2010. Lofty goals? Maybe. Achievable goals? I believe so. Wish me luck. And I hope that at least one or two people will follow my progress.

0 comments: